Sunday 5 May 2013

2nd Circle Model finished - Warpwolf Stalker

So I had a terrible accident recently with a paint bottle.  It was a vallejo model air Gold and it was pretty clogged in the dropper and I decided instead of being smart and poking a hole through the clogged paint with a wire rod or paper clip i would squeeze the dry paint out.  This ended badly.  Gold paint exploded all over my clothes, all over the table, all over the chair, the floor, and my models.. a couple of which were already finished!!!! GRRRR I was so mad at myself.  Oddly enough, it only hit my circle models and my skorne stuff was completely missed.  It got on my warpwolf stalker that I had finished the NMM on basically, and on mohsar who was completely finished.  After smashing my palette on the floor (i really needed to throw SOMETHING) I cooled down and just fixed everything up.   Because of this whole incident, I will push extra hard to finish models on my painting table to avoid paint spilling on them again.

I'm really happy with the warpwolf stalker.  There aren't many parts of this model that I think aren't done to my best ability.  I think the NMM is done almost perfectly, both gold and steel.  the one thing im not sure about is the black spines.  coulda done them bone colored but thought this might clash with the leather and gold nmm.  I really like this sculpt now that ive held it and painted it.  the only thing i dont like is the little spines that are practically his eyebrows.  they seem out of place and come out of nowhere; his skin is unbroken where they are projecting from his brow.  weird.

I can now buy another circle model and paint it (keeping up with my only buy a model if ive painted what i have for an army) though i need to paint a druid wilder for Matt Kotovsky from youtube and the PP forums.  He makes awesome battle report videos from big warmachine events and I really appreciate his tournament coverage so would like to give him something in return for his efforts.  It will be painted in a winter/blue scheme according to Matt's army.






1 comment: