Monday 11 February 2013

Basilisk Krea

I'm one step closer to finishing my proposed mammoth list with the completion of this basilisk krea. 

i started by airbrushing the skin, doing a 2 toned bone/greenish grey.  i fixed it up with some shading and highlighting applied by hand brushing.  i then painted everything else as per my skorne color scheme and i have to say this model was done in less than a week thanks to my airbrush.  what a useful tool. 
this model is not one of my favorite sculpts, especially the mouth and teeth.  however, after painting her, i really have a fondness for it now.  i like the armor plates and the stubby tail and i think its just kinda cute!  the teeth are what really bug me.  it looks like the sculptor just stuck mini toothpicks on the model instead of making gums and teeth that wouldn't fall out of the creature's head.  but hey, guess i shouldnt talk because i cant sculpt any better!





No comments:

Post a Comment