Tuesday 5 February 2013

Mammoth incoming!

So with the Skorne Mammoth Gargantuan coming out in (supposedly) March, I HAD to make a list to test the waters with.  I decided on using epic Hexeris for a couple reasons.  Mainly, with Black Spot I can lower key opponent's DEF so the poor RAT 3 Mammoth could potentially hit with his gun, secondly, if I black spot infantry and get an additional Seige Battery shot... amazing!  A third reason that's no less important is E. Hexy's ability to heal his battlegroup when living enemy models are destroyed in his control range.  This gives the Mammoth staying power and really makes the enemy come up with a plan to get rid of the Mammoth in one round,  putting them on the back foot if they fail.

Here's the list: 50 points

Lord Arbiter Hexeris +6
Mammoth -20
Cyclops Raider -5
Titan Gladiator -8
Cyclops Brute -5
Basilisk Krea -4
Nihilators (max) -8
Paingiver Beasthandlers (min) -2
Mortitheurge Willbreaker -2
Agonizer -2

With this list in mind, I'm seriously working on finishing every model I can before the Mammoth comes out.  Here's what I got going on so far...

Here's E. Hexy.  not too much done so far, just his skin and base colors really.  I think he'll be an easy model to finish within a week or so most likely.. but what I'm really distracted by right now is..



This little cute lady!!! This is the first time I tried using my Iwata Custom Micron C-Plus airbrush.  It is bloody ridiculous how fine you can make the stream of airflow.  it has a separate valve for air control directly to the nozzle, so even though your trigger can pull back the entire allowance, you can still manage how thin your paint stream is directly at the nozzle.  I started with the Krea by coating the belly with Vallejo Model Air "sand" and then around the outskirts of the belly painted a light brownish VMA color (can't remember the name).  I think used a dark grey/green for her back and tops of her arms and legs.  It was so fast and so fun. One thing that helped speed up the process was using a hair dryer in between colors.  This is really the only way to do multiple colors on such a small area without making a big mess of your colors.  I probably have spent no more than 2 hours on the Krea so far, and it's already looking like this!!! woohoo!!! 

Until next time..


No comments:

Post a Comment