Tuesday 25 June 2013

Empire Army and WetCoast GT update!

For those 4 people that follow me (lol) you may have seen one of my first posts about an Empire army for warhammer fantasy that I had to work on for a tournament coming up... well that tournament is next month and I have actually signed up for an ADDITIONAL tournament even earlier (less than 2 weeks?) that also has a painting requirement.  Luckily it's not as many points therefore not requiring as many painted models, but still what a good inspiration to get my shit done.  I took a bunch of quick photos of the progress i've been getting, and it's coming together quite nicely although I haven't spent as much time on individual models as some of my privateer press stuff but thats to be expected of GW systems requiring tons of figs.  The pics are pretty bad and taken quickly but there will be better ones coming when everything is complete.

 I'm currently working on my demigryph knights.  these models are soooooooooo cool.  when the new empire stuff came out I bought 2 boxes of these guys directly.  I didnt see the rules for them until after the fact, but thankfully they are ridiculously good anyways, not to mention with the latest errata of the 8th ed fantasy rules, they are now T4!
A group shot of all the demigryphs.  I'm having fun painting the red armor.  These demigryphs dont follow the same scheme as the rest of my army as they are a detachment of the Knights Griffon knightly order (red and gold).












 I have 2 units of knightly orders, this one I've airbrushed the horses white with smokey extremities and muzzles.  I'm quite pleased with the result. 
Similar to my demigryphs, these knights don't match the rest of my Nordland army because they are a detachment of the Knights Panther knightly order.  Ever since I was a child and looked at pictures of Empire knights, I always loved the Knights Panther the best.  Finally I get to have my own!  These will be the last things I complete probably.  With under a month to go, we'll see how I can do!!!









 I completed this last night actually.  My trusty BSB.  Carrying the standard of discipline, this guy will ensure (hopefully) that none of the Empire's brave soldiers flee in the wake of the enemy!  I decided to do something different with the grim reaper other than the typical black, and I wanted the colors to be different than my blue/bone scheme so I went with red, off red, and blue/black.  meh haha
 A small detachment of halberdiers to hide all my pathetic human characters in.. hopefully this unit will never see combat.  I used army painter's quickshade for these guys.  pretty simple and took barely any time at all.  I suggest a tricky method like this for any huge block of infantry.. in particular core infantry. you just base the model with a bright color for each different surface, dunk em in the quickshade, wipe off the excess quickshade, and matte varnish.
 Celestial Wizard. 
 I wanted to do a star pattern on the back of his cape, and I made it into a somewhat half assed constellation of the Heaven's Magic Lore symbol.  Maybe hard to visualize with this crappy picture.
 Bright Wizard. 
 I realized I did the flames backwards to what I had originally intended.  Usually I paint the brightest part of the flame in the recesses but i think it works this way as well.  I totally spaced on that.
 I've had this old faithful warrior priest painted for many years already.  At one point, I was even trying to sell him :O!! Good thing nobody wanted it.  This is my general, he does NOT have a great weapon.  Hopefully nobody is going to whine over him not being entirely WYSIWYG
 A tray of halberdiers.  this is a block of 40 (39) that will be the anvil.  actually I hope they will never see combat either hah
 I'm really happy with this steam tank.  I painted it in TWO days I was that excited while working on it.  it has been a LONG time since I've drybrushed any metallics, and I gotta say it was damn fun.  When drybrushing ANYTHING I try to paint in small, circular patterns.  This gives a weathered look and ensures all angles are hit with paint evenly, instead of just hitting it from one or two directions.   This guy is my true anvil and he will Bline it directly into the enemy's fightiest combat unit.
Some more halberds, cannon crew, archers, helblaster crew, etc.

And.. my trusty engineers.  These guys will be ensuring my artillery doesn't completely fail me.


No comments:

Post a Comment