Friday 12 April 2013

All I need now is Mammoth

Like the title said, I'm just waiting a couple weeks for that Mammoth to complete my E.Hexeris list I've been working on. 

These willbreakers are just amazing sculpts.  I'm struggling to describe how even though these models are somewhat busy and have some seemingly complicated armor patterns in places, once they all come together they are very defined and well designed.  The only beef I have with the sculpt is the circular shaped blade that hangs at his waist.  This proved to be more frustrating than I'd have hoped to paint the steel on.  I didn't really know where to begin and thus didn't have a great plan and perhaps if I'd taken a little more time they could have turned out a little better. Oh well.   It was a somewhat odd shape to paint metal on (compared to the cyclops raider i previously finished, which had very easy shapes to work with).  The chains on their backs were extremely tedious to complete in NMM.  If I took about double the amount of time I could probably have made them look more defined and you could probably see more detail in the individual chain links, but alas, I was getting tired of painting the steel NMM and did a few less layers than I would have if I was still "in to it".  Overall, I think these guys turned out pretty decent.  It might just be me but it seems the gold is a little darker in general than most of my other stuff these days.  That could be from the small amount of surface area i had to work with for blending.  Anyways, bring on the Mammoth!















 And here is a group shot of my 50 point E.Hexeris list, minus the Mammoth, of course. Luckily I've registered for the model photography mini course at Lock and Load this year so I can possibly take better group pictures one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment