Wednesday 3 April 2013

Almost there...

I finally finished a model since my son has been born.  Naturally I've had to take things a little slower than before due to lack of time.  I gotta say I was really putting the Cyclops Raider off because I wasn't too big on the sculpt but I think I did it justice.  I'm really happy with the steel this time, I found that lately I've been making the steel too bright overall and not putting effort in to making a good dark to light transition.  This time around I purposely left large areas of black while blending up to the white steel sheen.  MUCH better.  I need to remember this.  Like I always say, I also went in with a plan before paint even touched the steel areas.  Overall, I like this guy a lot now.  His helmet is kinda goofy but looks SWEET in NMM.  I need to get my hands on some decal paper so I can print Skorne symbols for all these banners. 



Also, here's a quick picture of my Willbreakers.  a work in progress.  these guys are so so so so so cool looking I'm glad a picked up a second, if not for rules purposes but for sheer awesome figs.  these guys remind me of batman for some reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment