Friday 8 March 2013

I finished Lord Arbiter Hexeris.  I'm quite pleased with his overall look, though painting the NMM silver is getting a bit frustrating.  I think this is mainly due to me not having a solid mixture ratio for stages between Shadow Grey (a super annoying color but cool if you get it looking right) up to Space Wolves Grey.  I blame GW paints.  I'm starting to see more and more how P3 paints really lend themselves to my style of feathering and layering.  Vallejo and GW paints truly need to be watered down to almost nothing otherwise just wet blended.  Gw is just so.. chalky I'm finding these days. 

In other news I went to Imperial Hobbies today for their 25% off fiscal year end sale and only picked up a 2nd morthitheurge willbreaker and some 15mm scale trees for games like Flames of War and Warmaster Ancients.  I'm pleased with my restraint!  There are always 2 major Imperial Hobbies sales yearly so if I really need something I can wait until August. 

Sherry was over again last night with her epic camera and took some professional shots of eHexy and my Wampforum contest entry: Nekima the Dark Sibling.  Check em out!




No comments:

Post a Comment