Thursday 21 March 2013

Starting Circle...

So I've acquired some Circle models and have made myself a golden rule for them: I won't buy anything new until what I currently have in my list is painted.  With that said, I scored a good deal from my friend on his small Mohsar the Desertwalker force.  Although most of what he had isn't what goes into my ideal Mohsar list, the models will eventually be used in other lists anyways with the exception of only a couple.  Here's the list so far (also thanks to my friend Martin for giving some tips with Circle).

Mohsar the Desertwalker +5
Ghetorix -11
Warpwolf Stalker -10 (soon to be considering switching this for the new Riphorn Satyr)
Woldwarden -9
Gorax -4

Full Tharn Bloodtrackers + Nuala - 10
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew - 1
Shifting Stones + UA - 3
Shifting Stones - 2
3x Gallows Groves - 3
Blackclad Wayfarer - 2

Of these models, I own a stalker and mohsar, so they must be painted first! 

Speaking of which, here's what I've done so far with Mohsar.  I have mixed feelings.
 
So I wanted to go somewhat traditional hippie green for my army mainly because I think painting green cloth is fun.  I also liked the browns I used in this scheme.  For the weapons I wanted more of a stone/iron look because most of circle's weapons look primitive and thus steel
wouldn't be in their arsenal. 

I'm not overly thrilled with the freehand vines on the cloak.  I was going for something like the old Games Workshop Beil-Tan Falcon Grav Tank freehand vines with a little more color than just black.  But in retrospect I think I should've gone with black and just highlighted up to grey instead of going for brownish yellow.  Oh well not changing it now.

I'm so-so on the gold.  I like the shoulder pads in particular.  I'm not too hep on the cloak trimmings.  I have yet to practice with this gold recipe; it's mainly vallejo and therefore a little trickier to feather blend at times.  Vallejo can be a bit fussy for my main blending techniques; I find P3's are really the perfect blend for me!

I've yet to figure out how the little potion slung under his scythe is going to look.  I'm going to test something with my airbrush first on a model that I don't care about before I go for the OSL on this.  I want to go for a subtler orange yellow glow as per fire would look.  I'll test it out and get back to this but other than that I don't think there's much else I can do.  Not sure how happy I am with the gnarled wood of the scythe either but I didn't want it looking too similar to his brown robes.  I feel I could've done better giving the wood grain some depth but oh well.




No comments:

Post a Comment